About Me.....

I am a junior at the University of South Alabama, where I am pursuing a degree in Secondary Education. Language Arts has always been a favorite of mine, so I decided to enter this field.
Once home from school, my busy job begins. I am a mother of two boys who keep me on my toes. From nightly homework, art lessons, and ballgames, we are pretty much an on-the-go family.
I have always worked in retail in the past, but decided I wanted to follow my love for children. In the back of my mind, I knew that I had a heart for teaching, but it was not until now that I knew which direction I should go.

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Experience

Several years ago, I began teaching at a preschool. It was here that I found the love for touching a child's life. Each day brought about new challenges and memories. A little down the road, my husband and I started working with the youth at our church. I found out then that I wanted to teach the ages of junior high and senior high kids. I absolutely enjoyed every minute of it until I had my own children. Then, I was so busy with my own that I did not have the time to put forth with the youth. During this time away from the youth, I started remembering back to my high school days. My favorite teacher was my English teacher. She impacted my life so much that I want to be just like her! She made learning fun and her students were always eager to acquire new knowledge. I hope that my students will feel the same way about me one day.