About Me.....

I am a junior at the University of South Alabama, where I am pursuing a degree in Secondary Education. Language Arts has always been a favorite of mine, so I decided to enter this field.
Once home from school, my busy job begins. I am a mother of two boys who keep me on my toes. From nightly homework, art lessons, and ballgames, we are pretty much an on-the-go family.
I have always worked in retail in the past, but decided I wanted to follow my love for children. In the back of my mind, I knew that I had a heart for teaching, but it was not until now that I knew which direction I should go.

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Involvement

I cannot express the importance of a parent involvement with their child, teacher, and school. Open communication with the teacher and school can make such a difference in a child's learning. Parent/teacher conferences, these days are not enough. Get involved in the parent/teacher organization (PTO), where you will be informed not only with the child's class, but the entire school. On the teacher side of things, a class blog can be set up for the students and parents to view. This blog can inform the student and the parent about upcoming events, homework, and exam dates. For the parent, you have to want the child to learn. Take out time and be concerned! You need to be involved with the school and your child. Remember we both want what is best for the child.