About Me.....

I am a junior at the University of South Alabama, where I am pursuing a degree in Secondary Education. Language Arts has always been a favorite of mine, so I decided to enter this field.
Once home from school, my busy job begins. I am a mother of two boys who keep me on my toes. From nightly homework, art lessons, and ballgames, we are pretty much an on-the-go family.
I have always worked in retail in the past, but decided I wanted to follow my love for children. In the back of my mind, I knew that I had a heart for teaching, but it was not until now that I knew which direction I should go.

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Not Being Afraid

As a teacher, I may not have all of the answers. I will try my hardest to provide students with as much information as I can. I will not be afraid to tell the students that I do not know the answer to that question, but will find out the answer as soon as I can. I will take the challenge of finding out the answers that they need to know. We are all in a learning setting, so I would think it would be great for the students to see their teacher having to research. Part of the student/teacher relationship should be honesty. I will not pretend to know things when I do not. We all have to learn-we are not born knowing everything! I feel the students will respect you even more when they know teachers are constantly learning, too.