About Me.....

I am a junior at the University of South Alabama, where I am pursuing a degree in Secondary Education. Language Arts has always been a favorite of mine, so I decided to enter this field.
Once home from school, my busy job begins. I am a mother of two boys who keep me on my toes. From nightly homework, art lessons, and ballgames, we are pretty much an on-the-go family.
I have always worked in retail in the past, but decided I wanted to follow my love for children. In the back of my mind, I knew that I had a heart for teaching, but it was not until now that I knew which direction I should go.

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Technology in the Classroom

Thanks to Dr. Strange, I can now say that I am preparing for the use of technology in the classroom. Before his class, I would not have ever thought about using some technology tools involving my students. I most recently learned hot to Skype, and I thought it was the coolest thing. It was all free, too! Also, in his class, I have learned to blog. This is definately a tool that I will want to use to correspond with my students and their parents. You can post their homework assignments, events that will be coming up, and exam dates. I have learned about social networking, such as Facebook. Facebook has been great to get in touch with old friends and other classmates that I have now. I have always watched other people's slideshows, but now I can create my own with Google Docs. Boy, the things you can incorporate with your class is amazing!